Saturday, April 20, 2013

Conversation with Kari

 ...Regarding sharing, charitable acts, and good deeds.


Kayla found kari's new crayon pack and started to try to open it while Kari was struggling to put on her shoes.  On the floor Kari, with raised teary voice, demanded it back, became agitated and started to cry.  I asked her, "aren't you two sisters, and shouldn't you share anyway, be kind and caring to each other?"  She replied, nodding her head as tears dripped down her cheeks, "Yes, we are sisters, and YES we should share, but that is MINE, and *I* will share with her!!"  I got the point, the emphatic "I", loud and clear, made sense to me somehow.   She got her crayon back, but was angry that Kayla had tore it slightly trying to open it.  She said regrettably,  "see you tore it. Now I have to go buy me a new one!"




No comments:

Post a Comment